If you were not a person who believed in e-commerce and how web-based businesses received revenue, now for 100 percent, you are the person who believes in e-commerce. Because of the spread of COVID19, you were the person who preferred to purchase goods and items online at least for one time. By considering the amount of the businesses that are on the web and the people who tend to digitize their business, the question arises, why and how some of the online businesses succeed and the other loos. So we decided to answer the following questions:
- When is the right time to digitize your business?
- What makes you a winner in e-commerce?
- What makes you a loser in e-commerce?
- Where to start e-commerce?
- Building website VS managing social media pages?
Thanks to the nature of e-commerce, there is no favoritism there. So your business is being considered equal to other businesses. But one thing makes a big deal, that is the knowledge of you about e-commerce and how it works. ordering everyday shopping online is a practical alternative to venturing outside and enduring long queues at busy supermarkets, and people believe in that. Therefore this is a kickoff to boost your business revenue.
Online Presence Is Vital For The Business After The Outbreak!
Before the pandemic, the majority of the people were buying goods and items online because of traffic jams and saving time. As we already mentioned, after the spread of the COVID-19 people’s attitudes have changed. They want to buy online; they prefer remote working; they want to minimize their presence in the mass crowds.
Good Digital Marketing Guarantees Your Success!
Imagine a case where you were buying an item or offering a service, did you ever think why you chose X company other than Y. Because X company knows how to talk with you as a potential customer. Keep this factor in mind we will show you the tricks of the trade.
When talking about marketing on the web, it goes without saying that digital marketing mainly focuses on attracting potential customers. And there are many effective methods of doing that. For the last year, artificial intelligence and chatbots, voice search, video marketing, programmatic advertising, and content marketing were prominent in digital marketing practices. The good news is that these methods will proliferate this year and we also need to focus on theses following digital marketing trends of 2020:
- Interactive content
- AR and VR
- New breed SEO
- Social commerce
- Smart bidding in google ads
But as an SMB that is a beginner in e-commerce, these trends may sound like complicated issues. Thus, we are introducing you to the main digital marketing strategies to make your digital landscape come alive.
- SEO: SEO is the activity that is being done to use the potential of search engines like Google, Bing, etc. Every SMB can appear on search results, and attract a tremendous amount of visitors to it’s business websites for free. The only infrastructure to benefit SEO potential is designing a website for your business.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is a widespread method, you may encounter many cases in your daily life. It’s one of the powerful tools for online presence and persuades potential customers to press the call to action button. Experience showed many marketers that email marketing doesn’t work until you reach the targeted emails. The biggest challenge is gathering lists of emails of the people who are interested in your products and services. Usually, the best method of gathering an email list is the forms that are active in website landing pages.
- Chatbots: Thanks to mobiles and tablets, which increased internet users. Both desktop users and mobile users tend to ask questions about the products they tend to buy and service to order. Chatbots can take control of the buying process and guide the potential customer. Chatbots mostly are being installed on Websites and web applications.
- Social Media Marketing: the best method of marketing in the digital world is the infrastructure that is being offered in social media. For now, Instagram is one of the best in the area of social media. The key to success in social media depends on creating competitive content. This year the trendy digital marketing strategies should be shoppable stories and posts, ads on social media with CTAs to e-commerce sites.
Note: There are some drawbacks to relying only on social media, for example, there is no guarantee for the lifetime of every social media platform, there are limitations of social media pages in managing sales. ROI is not guaranteed when investing in social media. Accordingly, the complementary part of a successful social media-based business is websites and web applications. We recommend you read about: DO I NEED A WEBSITE IN ADDITION TO MY SOCIAL MEDIA?
Things To Consider When Starting Your Digital Marketing Strategies!
It’s crystal clear that most of the businessmen are not super intelligent in the area of e-commerce and digital marketing. As the CEO of a business, we should accept this fact. You may see some effective strategies on your competitors’ website or social media page. We highly recommend you to keep track of what is being done and how, but don’t invest immediately on the strategies you are getting familiar with. In Addition to this cushion, you need to keep the following recommendations serious:
- Brand awareness takes time
- Potential SEO success takes at least 6-12 month
- Don’t rely on companies that are talking about guarantees
- Don’t forget to take advice from exports
- Participate in digital marketing courses and learn about effective digital marketing
- Make some goals to reach
Note: Businesses are going to become more reliant than ever on their digital strategy. But this doesn’t mean that we should hurry up and take decisions and order services that are not suitable for us. In other words, there are numerous choices for digital marketing and building your IT infrastructures. It’s significant to learn and take advice from exports.
Online presence is crucial for SMBs, especially for brick and mortar stores. Infact face-to-face business is deactivated and this condition will last at least for several months. Most of the economists expect the recovery to be gradual, rather than a strong rebound. For SMBs especially those that used to getting new customers through word-of-mouth referrals or on the strength of a hard-won reputation, their loss is coming as a shock.
Where To Start Your Online Presence And Apply Your Digital Marketing Strategy?
1- Make A Website
We have seen a real spike during the COVID-19 pandemic from companies wishing to create or update websites because a company’s website is the cornerstone of its online presence. Keep in mind that you don’t need to spend a lot of money on building a website. A simple website can do the job. But the thing is you should be careful, there are many simple alternatives for website making, but just a minority of them are supposed to be perfect for your business.
Designing a website for your business will have a permanent positive effect on your business. There’s no reason why it should just serve as an emergency response but could carry on providing long-term value when the world eventually gets back to normal. And of course, it would make your firm more resilient to deal with any future pandemics.
Note: In the first part of this article we introduced many digital marketing choices, most of them needing a website infrastructure.
2- Join To Social Media
As traditional brick and mortar businesses suddenly can’t rely on foot traffic to fill their storefronts, now small businesses must focus on their online presence. The quick way of interacting with your loyal customers and attracting new potential customers is social media. Try to engage your customers on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, etc.
An Advice For The Businesses That Only Relies On Google!
During the Covid-19 As behaviors changed, businesses were more anxious to appear on google search result pages. They are competing to get the top positions on Google SERP and new businesses are joining this tournament and this behavior will continue for the next few months. Consequently as an active SMB that was attracting lots of traffic from Google; You need to know Google search is currently beginning to fall, you’ll have to find other networks to help make up some of that loss.
We recommend you to start and boost your activities on the following networks:
- Youtube Ads
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Ads
What All Of This Means For You?
Every businessman has a purpose, knowing the purpose is one thing and leaving it is something else. We are so glad that you are interested in eCommerce, probably this interest will guide you on the way of building your digital business.
In this article, we described the opportunities for your business during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Then we talked about new digital marketing trends. And finally, we demonstrated that a website is the main tool for e-commerce. By doing these activities, you will develop your business and your competitors will say ”Who moved my cheese”.
What are your concerns when deciding to join e-commerce? What things have stooped digitization of your business. Please tell us all your questions, we will clarify the unknown points of digital marketing and e-commerce.
If you have some challenges when transferring to e-commerce, we can help you build your home office and join the online community that you deserve.